Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32 bit Systems

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, May 3, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

So I was reading up on CS5 today and believe CS5's Adobe after effects and Adobe Premiere requires 64 bit systems. As designer machines how long do we really have left to live on 32 bit systems with all this high end software requirements.
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

if it's like cs4 there will be a 32bit version too, I get both versions installed as I run x64.

Most of my main work programs are 64bit now so as far as I'm concerned it's basically just things like firefox, office (next revision iirc) and codecs that need to catch up (better with windows 7).

Realistically if you're getting a new pc 64bit is the only os version you should consider on windows (hardware allowing)
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

(and here was I thinking this thread would be about PS1 or sega saturn etc)

Yeah as Levi says, any new system that you'd buy now for design work would probably be or support 64bit.
    I suppose it all comes down to how long you think you can carry on with your current software before you need to upgrade everything.
  4. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

From my knowledge those two applications are only made for 64 bit, should I say from my understanding anyway... 64 bit is definatly the next step as 32bit is going out in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

nope still got a 32bit version, would be stupid not to when 90% of the suite is still 32bit

You just get 2 programs instead of one, one is 32bit, one is 64bit. In x64 they run in emulated mode - no loss of performance