21st century fox new logo - another flatty!!!

I like flat stuff. I want to see how this works with their classic intro though?

I like flat stuff too, but at times it does come across as lazy and I don't think that it's the only way to go about a design.

I think it's not amateur, yep it's right that nowadays it's not only way for design. But like most it is.

I like minimalist logos. I think this looks nice. Not sure why they bothered with the 1 though. And if that animation is replacing the "Dun dun! Dun dun! Dddddddun dun! ..." you get the rest... music then I'm definitely not keen.

Jimlad said:
I like minimalist logos. I think this looks nice. Not sure why they bothered with the 1 though. And if that animation is replacing the "Dun dun! Dun dun! Dddddddun dun! ..." you get the rest... music then I'm definitely not keen.
I am not 100% sure, but I believe that the 21st Century Fox is the company that owns the 20th Century Fox; so I guess we will keep seeing the regular introduction in the next movies.

balders said:
Another stripped down 'less is more' flat as a pancake 'look how minimal I am' logo redo.

What are others peoples views on the current trend of flat (lazy?) design?

I think it's going to get a lot worse when iOS 7 comes out as its tipped to have ditched the skeuomorphic stuff for the pancake inspired trend.

Who doesn't love a pancake, right?

http://www.creativebloq.com/logo-design/21st-century-fox-5132673?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews
mmm... pancakes.
They may still make all kinds of variations of this logo over the years.

Another stripped down 'less is more' flat as a pancake 'look how minimal I am' logo redo.
I see your point, but I also see the point of every designer, I'm no veteran but I think communication has been somewhat reduced in current design trends,
This just doesn't convey what it is at all, less is not always more. This is the case here,
Personally, I give it a great big thumbs down.

Back