Dave1975

Thought a few of you would appreciate this as much as I did...
http://www.boredpanda.com/sharp-suits-worst-client-comment-posters/
sharp-suits-worst-client-comment-posters-10.jpg

For me:
sharp-suits-worst-client-comment-posters-26.jpg

AND:
sharp-suits-worst-client-comment-posters-6.jpg

I often find it's the simple things which are the most difficult to explain, because both sides think they know the obvious answer. Another of my favourites is "Oh.. I know I said that the whole site feels disjointed and asked if you could come up with something new, but I have now decided that after you've spent half a day doing that, it would simply take far too much time to implement anything that you suggest, but I won't tell you this until you've wasted another half an hour trying to explain to me why it would benefit the site in every aspect"

My personal favourite is;

"Well, I want to rank top of Google for....everything"

LOL!
I get this kind of sh*t ALL the time.
One of my best was when I was designing a "bird" character mascot for a French client and they were unsure of what kind of bird they wanted and I'd tried a few.
On a Skype call, in Inspector Clouseau accent he told me:
"We would like a duck, that has been f**ked by a penguin"
..........................Long silence.........................
Images of a very cold, violated duck sprang to mind.
Turned out they wanted a duck crossed with a penguin.
I like this one BTW
sharp-suits-worst-client-comment-posters-14.jpg

Scotty that is an incredible situation to be in! I wonder if anyone ever explained to him what it was that he actually said!? I don't know how I'd react in that situation, I think the long silence was probably the best option if you couldn't guess he had a limited English vocabulary - what happened after the long silence?
Oh and Tony, I bet after you tried to tell them that they can't rank top for everything, they then started trying to explain to you how it was in fact possible ;)

Squiddy said:
Scotty that is an incredible situation to be in! I wonder if anyone ever explained to him what it was that he actually said!? I don't know how I'd react in that situation, I think the long silence was probably the best option if you couldn't guess he had a limited English vocabulary - what happened after the long silence?
Oh and Tony, I bet after you tried to tell them that they can't rank top for everything, they then started trying to explain to you how it was in fact possible ;)
Scotty, that's actually hilarious. What did it end up looking like?
And Squiddy, exactly right. Apparently it's possible to rank top in Google by "just add some keywords and stuff man, it'll work, positive". If only.

I guess the left or centre one would be the most appropriate designs for such an erotic situation, depending on the poor animals mood of course, haha.

Some of these are hilarious! I was putting together the end credits for a film that I worked on last year, and the director was being needlessly picky, asking me to move the text 2 pixels to the left, up by 1 pixel and about half a pixel of extra spacing inbetween the text. I think I spent about 2 days emailing him back and forth with the tiniest changes before he finally settled on a design that he liked.

I've noticed myself doing this on a current project where a programmer is implementing my designs. I have to keep reminding myself to not to be an arse about things looking perfect, because I know how annoying it can be! What I've narrowed it down to though, is caring about the project. I think when you have these micro-managers that want you to do silly things like nudging stuff to the left/right there's a problem. The problem is that they are in too much of a biased position to make quick, efficient choices, instead choosing to worry about every little detail and how it might ruin everything. I found recently, that if I move on to working on something else for a short period of time, and go back to the thing I was scrutinising, suddenly there's not an issue any more and everything looks fine as it is.
Perhaps a good strategy would be to move the client on to another aspect of the project, to stop them from trying to micro manage every little detail and focus on the bigger picture instead, which is what they're meant to be doing! I've been in that situation before though, nothing you do is right, and all they want is for you to make "just one more little change" before it's "perfect". It's not great, but I will definitely be trying this idea out next time I get one of those..!

Ahh Squiddy. A little something like:
Client. "Can you nudge that over a tad?"
You. "LOOK! ELEPHANT!"
Client. "What, where?"
You. "There you go"
Client. "Thanks, that's perfect"
Genius.

I wish I could've done something like that. The Director was a bit over the top, and wouldn't stop focusing on the credits.

Matt Harle said:
I wish I could've done something like that. The Director was a bit over the top, and wouldn't stop focusing on the credits.
says a lot about the film if the director is that bothered about the credits, most directors would be more interested in the bit people will watch.. ie the film lol...

Levi said:
says a lot about the film if the director is that bothered about the credits, most directors would be more interested in the bit people will watch.. ie the film lol...
He just wanted everything to be perfect. Although the finished film wasn't really that good...

Back