Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Nov 15, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I am going to go and see it tomorrow night just wondered if anyone had any reviews on it?

2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

was going to go tonight, but going tomorrow instead. hope its good.

on a side note watched district 9 last night, wasnt expecting much at all but its really, really good :eek:

3. glenwheeler

District 9 is a good film. People said it was poor but i thought different when I went to see it.

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I've heard good things about 2012.
    Carn't be worse than 10,000bc

5. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

Ooo im off to see it today :D I cant wait :)

6. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

watched it on friday night, was good, but a little too much cheese in places.

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

have you seen the day after tomorrow that was a freaking cheese board!

8. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

if you like that kinda cheese mrp2049 you will like 2012

9. glenwheeler

I enjoyed the day after tomorrow thought it was ace.What's so cheesy about 2012?

10. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

The day after tomorrow is what's putting me off seeing 2012 looks the same to me!

11. glenwheeler

hmm I dunno...I dont think the planet freezes over in this on does it?

12. br3n

br3n Senior Member

what a complete pile of ****. Worst film of 2009 perhaps ever.

13. charles

charles Senior Member

booooo.... not into these end of the world movies... tho quite funny in one of em when girl was like "I don't wanna die a virgin" then world doesn't actually end; now there's a kick in the ovaries!

14. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I think it's gonna be a rent from the library dvd.

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

and i did! Got back a while ago, I love disaster movie **** like this! I don't know why, there is something fantastic about it in a cinematic experience sort of way.

16. sarah

sarah Member

i haven't seen it, but i agree...there is something amazing about these disaster movies. The trailer gave me goose bumps

17. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Honestly dont bother. the charectors are dull, you dont honestly care if the human race lives or dies and it goes on far too long. Also its tragically predictable and nothing really makes any sense, suddenly everyone can fly and the world is a very small place.

Anoying and very bad film. save your money.

18. sarah

sarah Member

everyone can fly???

19. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

You guys do know that they misinterpreted the Mayan calendar, and that the world will end in 2208 now, right?

I'm thinking they just made up the miscalculation to avoid mass hysteria... Was kinda hoping to see the world end before I die :(

20. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

characters dull and predictable - true

dont care if the human race lives or dies - also fine

tragically predictable - very true

And I knew this before I went in, and I don't care! Jonathan Ross put it best, there are times in your life where you simply need something that will not change the world, is not the next citizen kane, won't win any oscars EVER, but you know what, for a few hours I can leave my brain at the door, not be forced to think in the slightest, sit back and enjoy the explosions, cheesy dialogue, enjoy the inevitable happily ever and then generally never think about the film ever again.

I totally agree with this. I have an unlimited card and I go to the cinema for a simple switch of the world for a few hours, and this sort of things does the trick wonderfully!