20% off Affinity apps until Friday

Until Friday 5th January 2018 you can buy Affinity Designer for £38.99. Trust me, just get it.

https://affinity.serif.com/blog/end-the-year-with-20-off-affinity-apps/?mc=FBEOYSOFFER01
Hi Paul, hows it going with Affinity Designer, Ive been thinking about trying it out for a while now but firmly embeded in the Adobe platform (working in publishing) my clients always want ai files so they can feel confident they can amend there end. I’d be interested in your thoughts.?

I know what you mean, I still use Illustrator from time to time when a client needs editable files (mainly when doing work for studios), but I use Affinity for 99% of my work. Most of the time I'm just passing over logo files anyway, so EPS or SVG formats will suffice. On occasion I will just copy elements from Affinity into Illustrator and send that, but most of the time a client doesn't even need an AI file, just a vector format will do.

It still needs a few features implementing to be able to stand up against Illustrator in terms of features, but I find working with it much quicker and easier. They're also working on an updated version of the publishing app that hopefully should be in beta soon. Can't wait to get my hands on that one too.

There's not exactly a compelling argument laid out here, to switch to Serifs Affinity Designer
We have:

'' Trust me'' and ''much quicker and easier''

followed by a proclamation of love for a layout program not yet in Beta,

fanboy.jpg

Just kidding, I might give it a go myself when I get a new laptop, as it doesn't much like windows 7; demanding I enable Aero or something.
Has it got any isometic drawing tools yet ?

Guilty as charged! I just hate using most Adobe software as I find the interfaces somewhat dated and unintuitive.

It has isometric grids, but unfortunately no actual isometric tools as of yet. I've found tutorials where someone is basically redrawing a layout using the iso grid and the pen tool, which obviously isn't ideal. If you need isometric then Affinity probably isn't the tool for you.

Back