2 Pieces From My Portfolio A5 Flyers

Chris Hooper

Hey everyone,
Seeing as im new here i thought i upload a sample of my work. These are some of my latest projects i've done in the studio. Mainly focus my time on promotional work for businesses and the nightlife industry lately and in the process of forming creative clubbing a tailored design service for the nigthclub industry

feedback would be appreciated... however 'critical' it may be

- Chris :up:

94844397.jpg

97393778.jpg

Chris,

We print loads of club stuff every week and these are a lot better than some of the "efforts" we see.

Where do you get your inspiration and where do you get them printed?

M

Cheapest Printing said:
Chris,

We print loads of club stuff every week and these are a lot better than some of the "efforts" we see.

Where do you get your inspiration and where do you get them printed?

M

Inspiration, i collect everything i see that's interesting from magazines to posters, flyers to business cards... and ermmm really just have a dig through the box of tricks under my desk...when i need some inspiration lol

Printed? Im workin freelance atm, so i usually just choose a printer when a client requires one...i used a local printer near me last. Average rates really £$£... :up:

I like the first one a lot, great flyer and great line-up (definitely my kind of party!). On the second one I'm not relating the design to an agency/freelancer, also more towards a party.

Oh, and did you know that [email protected] leads to the same as [email protected] ?
Maybe you have your reasons for using googlemail, maybe you didn't know, let's just leave that undecided to avoid awkward situations :D

both are too busy for my liking... the first, too many fonts, stick to 2 font families on any piece of design and you're off to a better start... the july 10th/18th text gets a bit lost against the background, and could prolly do with being in the same bold font as the other info underneath? The blue and purple boxes really don't gel well with the main graphic, just looks like you've been lazy and slapped it on because you couldn't work the type around the image. I'm guessing 'funk tion' is their logo and you had to use it? It's a bit gash and really that space in the middle should be taken out... it's also quite hard to make out the 'funk' part of the logo against the background...

the second, I don't want to read it... I don't know if it's for a party organiser/rave night at a club/paint shop/kids after school class on immediate viewing... it looks like you've missed an 'I' out of 'Unque', is there a need for 'professional' to be cropped like that? it just looks like the person operating the guillotine didn't know what they were doing... and if you are going to advertise 'professional' services, make sure you spellcheck waaaay before you 'distrubute'. The text in the peeling stickers to the bottom left should be centered... and finally, don't say you offer 'unique, cutting edge designs' on a flyer like this... it's neither unique or cutting edge!

No apologies for being harsh... we all learn that way.

Back