Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Tips to Create a Great Facebook Banner

Discussion in 'SEO, Social Media & Online Marketing Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

2. doricdesign

doricdesign Junior Member

Your link isn't working?
    On this topic though, I think everyone needs a cover image just because we're so used to seeing them now, if a page doesn't have one, it looks incomplete. So far I've just used one of the background images from my site as the cover image to maintain branding but I have to say, I'm not too taken with it. I'm going to try to get another one.
    The rules are that the image must be very high quality and a visual representation of what I do - don't forget you can put words on there too. It's your chance to make a great first impression to new visitors. I think it's easy to get sucked into being too 'clever' with this space - as with all design, simple and high quality will get the best results. These are the dimensions:
  3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Try again, it appears to be working here?
  4. doricdesign

doricdesign Junior Member

Ah, working now. I actually didn't read it before redesigning mine (ie the bit about not being able to say 'like the page') so I might have to change mine but here's what I came up with - what do you guys think?
    Doric Design's Facebook page
  5. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I like the font selection and colours, but I think the image of your work is actually a little bit like "OOOH, what am I looking at?" Information overload maybe?
  6. Jerry55

Jerry55 New Member

You're not allowed to add a call to action on your banner.
    The Facebook cover photo is not a common image size, and the rectangular composition includes a cut-out for your profile icon in the lower left corner.
  7. Janifar

Janifar Member

This is mine.
  8. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

9. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

it means laugh(ing) out loud, well that or little old lady..... seriously young people these days, they just don't know their acronyms like they used to.... :rolleyes:
    As to top tips for a facebook banner... my number 1 has to be have a facebook page :)
  11. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Oh, I know what LOL means. I just wondered what he was laughing it?
  12. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

I was laughing at the header image posted by Janifar.

That was a joke, wasn't it?
  13. That awkward moment when someone accidentally insults someone :D
  14. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I don't think it was.
  15. Soprano

Soprano Member

Or to my dad's generation, "lots of love"
    "The dog died. Lol, dad xx"
  16. Haha, did that actually happen? I want to know why Janifar wants people to send her mono-sodium glutamate!
  17. Soprano

Soprano Member

No, but he has delivered bad news in that way before, he just so happened to phone me when the dog died. :lol:
  18. Chad67cm

Chad67cm New Member

Wao. Great creativity, Even though I really found here trick to make my Facebook page more attractive, I'll make changing in it & will show it here.. Thanks Buddy. You did wonderful job btw.
  19. 0jerome0

0jerome0 New Member

Nice , thanks for the share