10 SEO Tips, Tricks & Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.
waits for jaz to come in and rip it to threads with one of his short posts :)

Levi said:
waits for jaz to come in and rip it to threads with one of his short posts :)
Hahaha yeah, not looking forward to that! :(

not a clue, last time he was here he was busy with his work etc so no idea, maybe he's run out of letters out and needs to reload the cartridge :p

@Tony i think there is no grammatical or English error, but one think i have no idea what is nofollow or dofollow and what is the difference between them ??? :wacko:

Hi Janifar,

Nofollow links are when a site has code in the HTML to prevent Google, search bots or whatever from crawling over their links and passing on link authority.

Dofollow links are the opposite, and allow the search bots to crawl from one site to the next without any hassle. This helps the linked site to build up reputation and authority due to the reputation of the linking site.

Tony Hardy said:
Nofollow links are when a site has code in the HTML to prevent Google, search bots or whatever from crawling over their links and passing on link authority.
Doesn't design forums use nofollow.... I know it used to :)

I saw a thread that people want to buy link but in here you mentioned that buying links is a bad strategy; i understand it will make as a spammer but what will happen if they buy link also how site is slipping down the rankings because they will it buy for good ranking.

yes, quality indeed, thanks for sharing quality stuff tony. But you can highlight same things here as well no? Because sometimes if users are in hurry then could get a chance to go through your content in short.

Anyways its a suggestion only
thanks
sunil

Another SEO myth i want to add is keyword stuffing or keyword density. I don't believe keyword density still exist and there is any percentage or example, some say it should be below 1 %.

1.Find the Best Keywords
2.Discover What Your Competitors are Doing
3.Write Very Linkable & Sharable Content
4.Optimize Your Title and Meta Tags
5.Optimizing Your Headings and Subheadings
6.Use Title and ALT Attributes
7.Optimizing File Nomenclatures
8.Tell the Search Engines What to Index
9.Feed Search Engines Static and XML Site Maps
10.Use Checklists and Validators

Nowadays content is the King. You make research of searched keywords, you write the best article in your niche, get some backlinks and enjoy extra traffic on your website. The recipe seems to be very easy but it's not. You should start with choosing the right tools :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back