Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 SEO Tips, Tricks and Myths

Discussion in 'SEO, Social Media & Online Marketing Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, me again.

Been working on this massive post for a while now. Hope it's insightful and puts away a few new ideas?

10 SEO Tips, Tricks and Myths

It'd be great to get some comments on the post and on here too!
    Edge likes this.
  2. Edge

Edge Active Member

Totally on the nail - great article.
  3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

That's a really good article Tony. All makes great sense and blows a lot of the myths perpetuated by 'SEO Experts', that people have to spend hundreds of pounds to succeed in Google, out of the water. One thing I would take issue with is point 10 about H1 tags. I agree that a page can have more than one but you've completely missed the point of semantics and the actual meaning of tags. Saying that you can use multiple H1 tags because 'It makes styling CSS easier' makes me shudder... :icon_biggrin:
  4. Tony Hardy

Thanks Toby. I was quite proud of the article, it's the result of what happened when I had no internet when I came to Bristol!

And I know about that H1 part ;) I was conflicted over whether to say that or not. :icon_confused:

If you want to put a little quote in there, I'll happily backline it to Yoto :)?
  5. DigitalYak

DigitalYak Member

That's a great SEO article Tom, pretty much sums up everything you should do for a good SEO campaign, nice work.
  6. Simmy

Simmy New Member

Interesting article - many thanks. That's a nice site design too.

Point number 5 seems an odd one though.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  7. Asher ross

Asher ross New Member

Hi, Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful update about SEO.
  8. venusbrown

venusbrown New Member

Nice post.. But would like to ask something about H1 tags. They're the one informing search engine crawlers about the heading of the website. So using them multiple times on a single page may dilute the importance and confuse robots. Don't you think so?

VLAHAKISA Member

I've seen a lot of of writing about 'no follow' links being pointless but as per your article, I'm not convinced that they don't hold some sort of weighting personally and so I think if they are from a reputable website they are likely to be having some sort of good effect.

Really good article. I wrote something similar myself on seo (a DIY seo guide for the small business owner) of a similar epic size and it's quite a nightmare isn't it writing something large and making it readable, manageable and interesting. BUT worth it. Google loves good content and I hope you get lots of good backlinks to that :)

We could even swap links to each other's seo articles if you wanted to start the backlinks rolling? :) This is my piece; DIY Search Engine Optimisation

10. Tim Reed

Tim Reed New Member

Very nice and informative post, the content was exceptionally brillant. One can do effecitve SEO from this tips, Nice Share....:)
  11. Paul Hill

Paul Hill New Member

Hi Tony,

Great article full of value!

The one thing I would say is that the majority of your tips refer to backlinking...I know that this is probably the area where most people shoot themselves in the foot and need guidance but feel there should be more emphasis on good keyword research and producing quality content.

Also, please do not take this the wrong way but I did not see any mention of the Title meta tag - something which is vital when talking about on-page optimisation.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
  12. RDB

RDB Member

Great Article Tony, very informative and easy to read and understand. The main thing I would say is build your SEO strategy on quality original content. A good solid link building strategy and always put the user first
  13. robsteele

robsteele Member

Nice post wasn't really aware of the mixing of anchor links :(
  14. Tony Hardy

I don't think many people are. It's always a good idea to mix things up a bit. Google is very wise these days!
  15. Thanks Tony for sharing an important article which be good to refer.
  16. RDB

RDB Member

Nice article Tony, easy to understand and straight to the point.